For a touch of sparkle I added some diamond stickles to the centres of the flowers and then I just layered it up.
Search by product type
Action Wobbles (2) Core'dinations (1) Crackle Accents (1) Design Papers (15) Distress ink (3) Dreamweaver (3) Fantasy Moon paints (1) Fantasy Prisme paints (1) Glamour dust (1) Glossy Accents (4) Jewellery making (2) Liquid Pearls (4) M-bossabilities (1) PanPastel (3) Porcelain paint (2) Spectrum noir (9) Spellbinders (3) Spray and sparkle (1) Stickles (8) Twine (1) Versa mark (4) Washi tape (1)
Friday, 9 November 2012
More PanPastel play
I just could not resist getting all chalky and trying to step out of my comfort zone for this one. I still need a LOT more practise as you can see but it was such good fun to play with this technique. For this card I used VersaMark to stamp out this beautiful poppy image from the Herb Garden stamp set over the bottom of a piece of white card. Then I took a light green (Permanent Green Tint) and went over the whole piece of paper using one of the angle slice round sponges. I don't think I will ever get bored of how the image just appears when you do this. Then I went back in with red (Permanent Red) and put some on the flowers and bits in the background too to try and make it look like a whole field of them. I used another one of the sofft tools for this the Knife and covers 4. Now if I was doing this again I would save the red for last as once the red was on I thought it was too dark for the light green so went back in with a darker green (Permanent Green) over the stems round the edge and bits over the light green to try and give more depth. Then I added some yellow (Yellow Ochre) to the centres of the flowers. The darker green has muddied the red a little in places that is why if I did it again I would do the red after the green but over all I am happy with how it has turned out. I then used very cheap hair spray (tesco's value about 30p a can!!) to set it all so it won't come off all over the person I give it to :D